Saturday 20 August 2016

David Hammond - I Am The Wee Falorie Man. Folk Songs Of Ireland

This classic Folk album from 1959, features the vocals and guitar of influential Irish singer/ filmmaker/ David Hammond, the Belfast native credited with introducing the singer Van Morrison to Irish traditional music. In the early 1960 s Hammond developed a career with the BBC in Belfast, making radio and television programs which were quickly recognised as something revolutionary new and completely out of the ordinary. During more than two decades at the BBC Hammond produced award-winning documentaries and wrote books and pamphlets on music. He also collected folk songs and traditional ballads and involved himself in theatre, and was a fixture of the local music scene. His vintage album, "I Am the Wee Falorie Man," is a classic example of his song collecting skills, from the well-known to the obscure, delivered by a true craftsman.

1 "B" For Barney
2 All Round The Loney-O
3 Green Gravel
4 The Doffin Mistress
5 The Maid Of Ballydoo
6 I Know My Love
7 The Dark-Eyed Gypsy
8 Will Ye Go Lassie, Go?
9 Tis Pretty To Be In Ballinderry
10 Cruise Of The Calabar
11 As I Roved Out
12 The Wee Falorie Man
13 Rockin' The Cradle
14 I'll Tell My Ma
15 I Wish I Was A Maid Again
16 The Gallant Forty-Twa
17 Early, Early All In The Spring
18 When I Was Single
19 The Irish Girl
20 Fan-A-Winnow

link to the free album


No comments:

Post a Comment