Sunday 8 May 2016

Pádraig O'Keeffe - Sliabh Luachra Fiddle Master

A long deleted and now extremely rare recording of the Sliabh Luachra fiddle player and teacher Pádraig O'Keeffe taken from RTÉ archive (RTÉ - CD174 - 1993) recordings made by Séamus Ennis between 1947 and 1949. This is absolutely brilliant Sliabh Luachra music, and the final set of tunes - a duet with Denis Murphy - is a classic [source ceolalainn]

1. Quinn's/Callaghan's [Reels]
2. Gallagher's [Jigs]
3. The Banks of the Danube [Air]
4. O'Sullivan's/O'Callaghan's [Polkas]
5. Johnny Cope [Hornpipe]
6. I'd Rather be Married than Left/Chase me Charlie/The Kilcummin [Slides]
7. The Old Man Rocking the Cradle [Air]
8. George White's Favourite/Kennedy's/The Road the Newbridge [Reels]
9. Gleanntán Frolics/The Hare in the Corn [Slides]
10. The O'Rahilly's Grave [Air]
11. The Humours of Ennistymon/I Will if I Can [Jigs]
12. John Quinn's [Hornpipe]
13. The Donaghmore [Reel]
14. Caoineadh Uí Dhomhnaill (Lament for O'Donnell) [Air]
15. The Kilcummin/If I Had a Wife [Slides]
16. As I Went Out Upon the Ice/Campdown Races/Tom Billy's/Jimmy Doyle's [Polkas]

link to the free album

No comments:

Post a Comment