Sunday 24 January 2016

Dick Gaughan - Live in Edinburgh 1984

Scottish Folk singer Dick Gaughan recorded live in the Queen's Hall, Edinburgh during the 1984 Edinburgh International Festival.

In early January 1984, I (Dick Gaughan) was doing a gig in the Star Club in Glasgow. I got to the second verse of the second song and my voice went. It was 5 months before I could speak and 7 months before I could sing again. This concert was the first I had given and I was absolutely terrified. Edinburgh being my home town, the audience that night was largely friends who knew how I felt and when I walked out on the stage, the emotional support from them was like a large pair of arms giving me a huge hug; one of the most remarkable and wonderful moments of my life.

01 - Revolution
02 - Now Westlin Winds
03 - Which Side Are You On
04 - Victor Jara Of Chile
05 - Companeros
06 - Workers Song
07 - Your Daughters And Your Sons
08 - Four Green Fields
09 - Ballad Of Accounting
10 - Jamie Foyers
11 - Glenlogie
12 - World Turned Upside Down

link to the free album

No comments:

Post a Comment